Berry Sweet Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sugar Valley Test

+34
PernCatZ
defbelle87
blushingsims
steffi30
berryemo67
Cherrie Lovebottom
zombie_kayla
Aistreya
Sarrah
Treesoar
milkey
DearlyStars
CuriosityKills
MegMarie
rockcc12
freakcat
emmyhehe
Xinaed
sugarsteps
Alathria
noved_itzmee
MissRainbowBerry
madd4purple
tashiebaby
Sugartooth
StephyDee
musicbooks
Etci
gomar6
SimChick1016
Marii
miadarkdecider
ZebraPrints
Berry
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:04 am

ZebraPrints

ZebraPrints

Berry wrote:
Berry wrote:OK guys! I need you! I made a zip of my sugar valley save.

all you do is take this folder and place it in your saves folder. When you open the game, there will be a Sugar Valley Test. All i want you to do is start a game on it and play it for a while. See if it saves and and does what it supposed to :B

You should place the folder here....

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves that means inside the Saves folder!

Sugar Valley Test Be sure to skip the ad!!! One major problem, make sure to remove the back wall from the diner. Sims will get stuck.

Just to be safe make a back up of your saves. I have had two people try and it worked fine so it should not be a problem. But it never hurts to be safe

Anyone else is welcome to try it too! I will not make the official anouncement though until we play with it a little.

For additional help or questions please direct them here! Thank you.

Thanks Berry, I'll give you feedback. And how should i transfer my "private" rainbowcy into the new save? Thanks.

27Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:04 am

ZebraPrints

ZebraPrints

tashiebaby wrote:So, I looked into the not getting to work/school thing, and whenever I clicked on the sim they were just walking around or were actually at work/school. So it isn't that they're getting stuck somewhere, they're just lazy or something lol.

Mine were like swarming at the diner pale

28Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:01 am

Berry

Berry
Admin

ZebraPrints wrote:
Berry wrote:

all you do is take this folder and place it in your saves folder. When you open the game, there will be a Sugar Valley Test. All i want you to do is start a game on it and play it for a while. See if it saves and and does what it supposed to :B

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves that means inside the Saves folder!

Sugar Valley Test Be sure to skip the ad!!! One major problem, make sure to remove the back wall from the diner. Sims will get stuck.

Just to be safe make a back up of your saves. I have had two people try and it worked fine so it should not be a problem. But it never hurts to be safe

Anyone else is welcome to try it too! I will not make the official anouncement though until we play with it a little.

Thanks Berry, I'll give you feedback. And how should i transfer my "private" rainbowcy into the new save? Thanks.

Save your family to the library and drop them down in SV :]

https://berrysweetsite.forumotion.com

29Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:42 am

ZebraPrints

ZebraPrints

Berry wrote:
ZebraPrints wrote:
Berry wrote:

Save your family to the library and drop them down in SV :]

Thank you Berry!

30Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 pm

tashiebaby

tashiebaby

Okay, uhm, I don't wanna sounds like I'm complaining or anything, but for some reason one member of the 'Drop' family goes missing every night and my overwatch ( i think ) recovers them and tells me xD. It doesn't really matter too much, but I just thought I'd let you know since this is a test of it and stuff.

31Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 pm

MissRainbowBerry

MissRainbowBerry

the diner? where or what is that?

32Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Berry

Berry
Admin

MissRainbowBerry wrote:the diner? where or what is that?

The diner. It's the rabbit hole restaurant in town. It has a red wall all around the outside. They get stuck at the back.

https://berrysweetsite.forumotion.com

33Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 am

MissRainbowBerry

MissRainbowBerry

Okey thank you

34Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 pm

noved_itzmee

I downloaded the file and unzipped it to my saves file and it isn't showing up as an option when I try and make a new game. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: nevermind. I'm just stupid.

35Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Alathria

Alathria

It's so awesome, Berry! It works just fine for me. Thank you!

36Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:06 pm

sugarsteps

It won't show up for me :\ did I do something wrong?
Here's where I have it saved.

Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 24xpbhs

Any suggestions?

37Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:22 pm

gomar6

gomar6

sugarsteps wrote:It won't show up for me :\ did I do something wrong?

Any suggestions?

it looks right to me. Should be in your saves. Maybe towards the very right.

http://coloridolegacy.wordpress.com

38Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:18 pm

sugarsteps

gomar6 wrote:
sugarsteps wrote:It won't show up for me :\ did I do something wrong?

Any suggestions?

it looks right to me. Should be in your saves. Maybe towards the very right.
I got it c:
I had to delete and re-add it a couple of times but it finally came up

Xinaed

Anyway, real interested in playing around with this, but I have a couple of questions first. I'm still some what new to Sims3 and so I don't use any mods, and very limited CC from authors I trusted from Sims2 and 1. I do have Twallan's MC however, I do not use it. O.O Because it kind of messed up the way my game was running after I installed it.

However, I can't tell if it was the MC that did it, or if it was pets.. since the problems still persist since I installed pets, which was just before I installed the MC.

So when you refer to his SP, I'm not sure if that is included with his MC or not. Any info on that would be welcomed, first of all.

Second of all, the skin tones, it says it's for Late Night, which I haven't yet bought and installed in to my game. It does however say it works for all EPs and SPs up to Pets, but I'm unsure if that means anything after LN in the actual time line of when things were released by EA.

Am I even making sense? Lol, it's still really confusing to me how things work for the sims3 vs any other sims games previous.

Thanks in advance,
Xin

Just remembered, what EPs and SPs are required if any to test this neighborhood out? Since I didn't see anywhere that it stated this, but I might have overlooked, and if I did, I do apologize.

http://www.xstormyskiesz.com

40Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm

musicbooks

musicbooks

Xin, we'll see if i can't answer your questions.

Twallan's MC or SP mods aren't needed. Most of us just love them anyways. However SP is separate from the MC. One runs your town and the other is operated on the user's end.

I didn't see the late night skin tones mentioned in the original post, so i assume that was somewhere in the discussion. It refers to the sliders added by the LN patch and the actual game isn't needed. If you are fully up-to-date, you have the new sliders in game.

As for EPs and such, assuming Berry hasn't updated the file, was released on Ambitions. I didn't have HELS or Ambitions for the longest time, so when i played the file the game just replaced what was missing with base game items.

Did that cover everything?

http://musicbooksandvideogames.wordpress.com/

41Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Xinaed

Actually it covered it thanks. I do have the sliders, so again I was confused. So not used to how EA updates the base game to match new EPs even if we don't have those EPs lol.

I should then, be adding these skins to my list of dls, thanks a bunch. About the MC and SP, I will have to look in to the SP then, as I hate how I feel I can't change households because I worry that when I go back to my main family, after switching to fix something on another lot, that my sim will have moved out, etc. I also had some random teen move in to my house while I was gone, and all the sudden she and my teen girl were dating. I hadn't even played the family long enough to determine what gender I was seeing her lean towards yet. So I was like, um.. okay then. I guess you're a lesbian lol. Which was fine with me, but I had no say it seemed, and that was very new to me. I also had a teen move out while I was gone, and I never could find him again. So that legacy family was to be reset. I'm not so sure that turning off Story Progression helps either, so to be on the safe side, I have one family now I play per world/neighborhood, and it gets kind of boring some times, as I would love to have kids from one family marry one from another later in time.

Jeez, I said a mouthful, I apologize. I really have no one to talk to about this, aside from my spouse who also plays, but we are both new to the sims3, and they are new to the sims in general.

Thanks a lot though for your reply.

http://www.xstormyskiesz.com

42Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty No Save Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:12 pm

emmyhehe

emmyhehe

I have no saves folder it just says caches, game, game data, support and thumbnails.

FAIL ignore this I found it haha Embarassed

43Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 am

freakcat

freakcat

realized the installer from earlier was from a stupid ad, deleted it and went back to download the real file
problem is that now instead of a file, it's just a sheet of paper.
so i guess i'll try one more time before completely giving up.
wish me luck <3

EDIT:
fixed and it should be running now Smile

44Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty help! Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 am

rockcc12

New here! Recently found Splash of Color and was addicted to Berryness!
Any-who, I downloaded the file and tried to add it to my saves but it didn't go into it as a folder. This is probably a very easy solution but this is the first time I have down something like this. It goes as just a document.... Help? Sad

45Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 am

musicbooks

musicbooks

did you extract the save out of the .rar?

46Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am

rockcc12

I don't know what that is...

47Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 pm

musicbooks

musicbooks

um, let's see,
The file that berry has posted is a compressed file, where the file is stuffed together to make it easier to load/download. This file can't be used as is.

Now everyone has different ways of unzipping the compressed files. Unzipping pulls out the files in a format that can be used by the computer. All i have to do is, once i dl the file, right click on it, and chose 'extract here' and i get the file i place into my 'saves' folder.

48Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 am

MegMarie

I've been playing Sugar Valley for a few days. Love it Smile

But two problems I've had are 1. The sims getting stuck in the diner (fixed by putting a door on the left back side, otherwise they couldn't get to the door cause of the air conditioner that sticks out, I think) and 2. Charmy Blowpop's house seems to make her stuck. I kept getting alerts that she was missing work. It seems she can't leave her lot. I'm about to move her out but her house is built on an odd shaped lot so unfortunately it's unusable for me since I've filled up my town with other lots and can't place a lot big enough to suit her house.

49Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue May 15, 2012 1:49 am

MegMarie

Oh and I edited her lot so now she can't get to her house and boy is she mad lol!

50Sugar Valley Test - Page 2 Empty Re: Sugar Valley Test Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm

CuriosityKills

CuriosityKills

Going in to test now~ Just joined because I realized the site moved Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum