Berry Sweet Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A 'Berry' Sweet story (this is a must read guys)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Waterlilly1983

Waterlilly1983

Ok so its not really a story but it is what we in our community of berry loving simmers would say is berry sweet indeed. Now not all of you may Celebrate Christmas, and this honestly has NOTHING to do with the sims game at all, its just something I felt I needed to share because this year has been very rough. Some of you know how bad the econmoy has been and im sure some of you are being hit as hard by it as my husband and I are. So as you can imagie my 'Christmas Spirit' has been waning. It its not helped by the fact that I work in retail, and for one of the biggest retail giants in the world (Walmart) and I swear to the Great Berry herself I'm not making this up Smile

SO anyway as you can imagine, its gonna be a tough week untill Christmas is all said and done, and today my day at work started off really bad Sad I mean like I hadn't been clocked in for more than 15 minutes before I got yelled at by a customer for something out of my contorl. Rolling Eyes That and Im a CSM so I of course get to deal with the really 'fun' ones too. My day gradually got worse as it wore on, the opening CSM and I began counting the seconds till our breaks just for the releif the break room would provide for us,each horrid and rude customer we dealt with today. So you can imgaine why to my surprise one of the girls who works in our Photo Lab, which is where our Layaway is, came in with a HUGE grin on her face I mean it was something like this sunny or maybe even this Very Happy and the first thing out of her mouth was

"Im starting to believe in Christmas again"

Of course we all wanted to know why, and you can imagine what its like in a retail stores breakroom around this time of year, almsot everyone is tired as hell, and really could care less. Anyway she goes on to tell us about this woman who stood in the Layaway line, and when it was her turn came up and said

"Now I dont have anything on Layaway but could you do me a favor?"

Of coruse our co-worker was a bit perturbed as today is the last day to pick up layaway's and they were swamped back there. But as always she plastred on her smile and asked what she could do, the lady replied

"I want you to randomly pick out a name in your layaway box, and make sure it has children's toys and cloths on it for me, nothing with tv's or anything like that something for a family with kids."

Perplexed as to what the woman was going to do she went along with her(as most of us do when we think people are nuts lol!) and finally said, well here is one see, showing the cusotmer the computer screen she smiled and said,

"I'll be paying to full amount if you please"

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Im sure you can just imagine what it was like to be standing there when she said that, usally our photo lab has two to three people back there to help with things and it got very quite and everyone just stared at the lady, The girl asked her if she was sure? the woman said yes, and she asked her why, and the woman just smiled and replied

"Because its Christmas"

I despise Christmas in retail and I will be the first one to tell you that there very few good people in this world, and that no one cares for anything but themselves. But one woman made me feel like I was wrong, She has renewed my faith in the population, and that there really are good people out there. If anyone knows me, they know I always try to look for the good in people no matter what, and this year you could tell its been wearing on me. With a goverment that seems to want to do nothing but hurt us, and people assuming they are owed something all the time. The one Woman was a shining beacon in what was fast becoming a holiday that I was starting to detest. This made me love chirstmas again, and the girl said when she called the woman who benefited from this woman's kindness, she broke down into tears because she was going to come in today to cancel the order, because her and her husband wouldn't be able to afford it. And then called again to make sure it wasn't some cruel joke.

I realize this has nothing to do with the sims, or even Berry Sweet sims. But I felt like I needed to share this, so that maybe if some of you out there feel like the true meaning of the Holidays are dying out and its becomeing about greed, that there are a few people out there still who are real live Santa's, and honestly care about someone other than themselves.

musicbooks

musicbooks

That's so cool!

There's always something about this season isn't there...

http://musicbooksandvideogames.wordpress.com/

MissRainbowBerry

MissRainbowBerry

cool I will never loose the Christmas spirit!

Waterlilly1983

Waterlilly1983

I tell ya I've been having a rough time getting into the Christmas spirit, and usually I don't its my favorite time of year, but this year...idk, I really think the money problems my husband and I have been experiencing lately has been keeping me from it, but this really helped today, espically after all the rude customers I dealt with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum